Tips to protect your home from brush and wildland fires

The weather is getting warmer and drier which means a potential for an increase in brush and wildland fires. There are many things you can do to reduce the risk of a fire threatening your home.  See…


Celebrate Safely This Fourth of July

The VRFA encourages you to inlcude safety in your Independence Day celebration this year.  View fun and safe celebration ideas from the National Fire Protection Association. Know the regulations for…


Smoke alarm alerts resident in Lea Hill house fire

On June 23, firefighters responded to the 11700 block of SE 315th Street in the Lea Hill area of Auburn just after 10 a.m. for a report of smoke and flames from the second floor of a residence. Upon…


Training exercise to cause smoke in south Auburn today

We are conducting a training exercise today, 6/24, that will cause smoke in the area of 2900 C St. SW in Auburn between 1:30 - 4 p.m. Please do not call 9-1-1.


Join us for our first online Kids Safety Academy

Join us for our first online Kids Safety Academy! Due to COVID-19, all of the summer community events we attend have been cancelled. To make up for this we are bringing the fun to you at home. Each…


Auburn's First Female Firefighter Retires

In January of 1999, the Auburn Fire Department hired Janeen Ruge as their first female firefighter. Twenty-one years later, after forging a path for others to follow and passing along a wealth of…


Free COVID-19 testing available in Auburn

Free testing for COVID-19 is now available on Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the Auburn City Adventist Church, 402 29th St. SE in Auburn. You are still encouraged to call your doctor if you have…


Smoke alarms alert residents in early morning house fire

Firefighters responded to the 6600 block of Elaine Avenue SE in Auburn just after 3 a.m. this morning to a report of a fire in an attached garage. Upon arrival crews worked quickly to extinguish the…


Auburn house fire started by oily towels. Neighbor credited with slowing fire spread.

The cause of a mid-morning house fire was determined to be accidental in nature, started by oily kitchen towels. The towels had been used to soak up cooking oil, then washed and placed in the clothes…


One deceased in Auburn mobile home fire

A mobile home fire in the White River Estates resulted in one fatality this morning. The double-wide mobile home is a total loss. Firefighters were called to the 4200 block of A St. SE in Auburn at…