A fire truck from Valley Regional Fire Authority is parked in front of a house at night, manned by a firefighter from the Fire Department.

Smoke alarms alert residents in early morning house fire

Firefighters responded to the 6600 block of Elaine Avenue SE in Auburn just after 3 a.m. this morning to a report of a fire in an attached garage. Upon arrival crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire and contain the damage to the garage. The residents were alerted by working smoke alarms and safely escaped.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to failure of an electrical component. There were no reported injuries and fire damage was contained to the garage with some smoke and water damage inside the home.

We remind everyone to check their smoke alarms and practice escape plans.